Sunday 17 January 2016

A Winter Wonderland

Hey, hey, hey Happy New Year lovely people! I know its been a while, I hope you all had a fantastic start to the new year! I've been struggling to get back into the routine of blog writing and work. Long!
If you follow me on Twitter @SLGG8 or Instagram @SingleLondonGirlsGuide you would have seen I went on a trip to Winter wonderland, last year. Haha. That still sounds so weird, but yh, I  promised to tell you how it went. So here we go!
This is one of the places I have wanted to go to for years, but always had this image of going with “my boyfriend”, and as yet another year went by I was still single. Luckily for me I have a really good friend who bought us tickets to bar ice in Hyde Park.

We went the weekend after Christmas so it wasn’t as packed as I thought it would have been. As we were approaching the entrance and I looked up  at the beautifully lit sign, I couldn’t help but have this slight feeling of disappoint, my first time at the amazing winter wonderland wasn’t going to be with my sexy hunk of a boyfriend, I wasn’t going to hold hands whilst looking at all the attractions or get drunk on mulled wine with bae. No I was here with a friend and to be honest if it wasn’t for her I probably wouldn’t even have been there at all. So I kicked those thoughts and sadness away and enjoyed my experience.


We walked around the attractions trying to decide which ride we was brave enough to go on, I say we I really mean my friend. In the end we didn’t bother because tbh the rides worth going on wasn’t really worth the price. So we just drank more mulled wine, which I have to say is just so delicious. This was my first experience of it and I loved it.


After a walk round we went on the look out for bar ice, again my first experience since I’ve never been to ice bar in central. Now I’m just going to say this bit how it is, the cloak thingy you have to wear before you go in absolutely stank I felt like I was wearing someone’s dirty clothing they had been in all week. Rank!


Then there was the gloves situation, not being funny but I don’t know where the previous people put their hands before wearing them gloves. So butterz! Anyway once we got into the actual bar I was ready to come out in like 10 seconds I HATE the cold more than the average person. But it was so cool, drinking from an actual ice cup I thought that was pretty amazing. You need to allow me because like I said this was my first experience so I can be a geek about it!


 Me and my friend took loads of silly pictures as you can see, at this point I was completely  buzzing....well in all fairness I had been on a buzz for most of the evening, anyway 1 baileys, 2 mulled wines and 1 cocktail later it was time to say goodbye to wonderland we both bought some tooth rotting candy floss and headed for the exist.


Even as I write this I feel the same excitement I felt while I was there. I had such a lovely time, I absolutely love lights and of course there were lights everywhere, makes me feel like a little kid again. Their just so pretty! This is definitely a place I would  recommend doesn't matter if your single or not. It truly brings out your inner child.


While we was there I did see a whole bunch of couples, theres something about being single that gives you this extra eye to spot all the couples walking in your direction I swear I can even feel their presence from behind me. But like I said before, I totally ignored this and got on with enjoying myself.
 For anyone that knows me hearing that I was in a public place walking around dancing  probably wouldn’t believe me or maybe they would. Who knows! However I will blame it on the mixture of drinks I consumed, hehe. I definitely was merry that evening. 


I think being single should not restrict us from doing certain things, I waited all this time because I wanted to be one of those couples that people would look at and think aaaawww and all the while I missed out on spending time with good friends and just enjoying my single life.

If there something you’ve been putting of because you want to do it when your in a "relationship" don’t!  If it’s going away on holiday or a weekend or even something as simple as going to the cinema or out to eat, don’t put it of anymore call a friend, book some tickets and just go, go and do it. It’s a brand new year, make plans, take advantage and make the most of your 366 pages!
Let me know how this goes for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment