Monday 7 December 2015

Are single women too picky?

Too picky for our own good?
Sometimes us single girls really have to ask ourselves are we too picky? are our standards unrealistic? are we looking for Mr perfect?, who clearly will never exist.


I’ve been dating for about a year and besides the few that cut ties with me; and I say the few because I’m totally awesome!!!! I would have to admit I have stopped talking to guys for something as simple as being too short. I’m 5”10 so meeting a guy my height or taller is a really big thing. But this seems to be a myth. I mean I would love to wear heels every now and again you know.


Reasons for cutting a guy of!
•Not having a career, but a simple job with no future prospects
•NOT HAVING A JOB FULL STOP. Like seriously two of these have darkened in my doorway
•Living at home, but not mentioning saving for a house, let’s be honest if your not saving for a house what are you still doing living with mummy and daddy?!
•Taking hours to reply to messages, and this being the only consistent thing about them



•Being ridiculously loud in public. I’m the type of person who would rather no one noticed when I walk into a room, so dating someone who’s so loud a restaurant full of people are able to hear our conversations just makes me wish the ground would open and swallow me whole
•I’ve been trying this new thing of dating men a few years older than me no more than 5 years, but my goodness they look old enough to be my dad and with my fantastic Ghanaian genes I only look 16. LOL not a good look when your at a bar!


I’m not asking for the world, and just like I came to realise Santa isn’t real I also know there is no such thing as the perfect man, but I still believe us women should have standards and stick to them, and if friends and family call us picky for this well tell them so what! We’re beautiful, attractive, and intelligent why shouldn’t we have a man who’s going to add to our lives why should we settle just because  we’re getting “older”, just like wine we mature and are at our best the older we are!  
And this does not make us picky, it just means we’re old enough, wise enough and no where near desperate, and are patient enough to wait for “the one”.

Don't forget to follow me on instagram: singlelondongirlsguide

No comments:

Post a Comment