Wednesday 4 November 2015

Warning: Its OK to miss him!


I don’t know about you but I go through stages where I miss my ex, I torture myself with thoughts like who is he with now? are they having a better conversation than we used to? Is he enjoying her company more than mine? If like me you have those thoughts STOP! Here’s a few tips on how to do this. 

So you miss him, you spent the whole weekend thinking about what you would be doing if he was still around and it’s 100 times better than what your actually  doing. I’m going to assume it involves putting a wash on, and getting through the ironing you couldn’t be bothered to do last weekend.  
 
Should I call? Maybe send a text? He could think I’m desperate. What if he is the one and I’m messing it up? he wasn’t so bad I can forget his bad habits like always making me feel bad for absolutely everything, I can learn to trust him, I don’t mind that he never replied to my messages but was always online or that he never told me anything about his day. Those things never used to drive me crazy I was just over exaggerating. 
 
Well the truth is it did drive you crazy hence why your sorting your washing instead of being wined and dined. Memories fade it takes time but it does. You just need to be patient and believe me I know how hard that can be.                 

*Find a hobby, doesn’t have to be something your good at just something you enjoy.  
                                                                                                                                   
*Spend time with friends preferably other single friends that are enjoying single life. Because tbh we all have that one friend who is more bitter than us about being single and makes sure everyone knows it, and if you can really help it stay well away from your happily married friends with 10 kids all they have to talk about is dirty nappies and the fact that they haven’t been wined and dined for years, not realising that’s all you want, especially with the mister your trying so hard to forget about.      
                                                            
 *Focus on you, use this time to learn more about who you are. In just a few short months I’ve learnt more about myself than ever.       

 *Maybe your always in and out of relationships, now stop breath and use these last few months of the year to have some “me time”, you might even work out what has been going wrong in past relationships.   

 *Do what I did take a break go on holiday doesn’t have to be out the country I’m not even sure I’m ready for that just yet.      
                                                                  
 *Or if your nervous about the OMG she’s by herself looks, start of with a coffee shop I recommend Starbucks it has that warm comfy feel to it.                               

 *Or even a simple walk on your own somewhere with a nice view to clear your head of all those thoughts.  
 
Your not going to be alone forever, he was not your last chance of happiness or the big white wedding you have dreamed about your whole life, no he was the guy that helped you to realise what you do not want from a relationship and also taught you what you could do better next time because there will be a next time. For you and for me! 

If you haven’t already follow me on instagram! Singlelondongirlsguide 

No comments:

Post a Comment